First post!

First post! (I never understood why that achievement is so compelling for some people.) I want to get something down in writing so that I can get over the pressure of an empty blog.

I'm not going to write a full introduction of what this blog is about, I will save that for a later time. Instead, I will share with you some thoughts I have had over the past few days.

To start with, I want to consider the impact of commercial entities purchasing open source projects. (Most recently, Oracle's purchase of Innobase) Will this have a good, bad or neutral effect on the development of the open source projects? Can the GPL protect these projects, and will this be tested in the near future? I will post more on this in the near future.

Secondly, I have been thinking about drafting a strategic plan for the open source movement. I will start by analyzing the purpose of open source software. I need to review my management concepts so that I can do this at least half-way correct. If you have any thoughts, please post them in a comment.

Thanks for reading the first post of this blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using the Cisco console in Linux

What it takes to make Ubuntu ready for use

Five ways to use Windows apps in Linux